Tuesday, February 5, 2013

let's get some shoes

I believe it was Carrie Bradshaw that said she liked her money right where she could see it, hanging in her closet.

I feel the exact same way -- but my "designers" are from Kohl's, Target, and Forever 21 since I do live in reality and in that reality I'm poor.


Since I'm shopping more than I should for someone with the income to debt ratio that I've got, I'm constantly cleaning out my closet. Sister loves this. Roommate loves this. Anyone that can fit in my clothing loves this. But as much cleaning out and giving away that I do I can never seem to make a dent  in purging enough to fix the space issue in my closet. It's tiny. So tiny that I have my dresses and winter coats in the spare bedroom closet. I'm lucky my roommate doesn't mind that my wardrobe has spilled over and that there are two extra bedrooms in the house. 

In 2013 I made a resolution not to buy any new clothes. 

I've broken that resolution once and that my friends deserves a round of applause. 

The item I purchased was a black blouse since the one I currently own looked like I was reverting to the goth style of the early 2000's or dressed for a funeral -- either way, it needed to go.

As motivation for myself to stop shopping and get my closet in tip top shape, I ordered fancy schmancy hangers. The pretty, matching, felt no-slip hangers. It was a happy day when UPS delivered those. 

I only ordered 200. 

I can hear you exclaiming ONLY 200? THAT'S A LOT!

But that's for everything hung up in both closets and you'd be surprised how 200 isn't actually that many. Bet you've never counted how many hangers you've got in your closet. And since I want everything to match I can now no longer own more then 200 items of clothing that requiring hanging up. If I bring in something new, I've got to give something away. 

That's sound logic to me even if it makes sense to no one else.

So I did what any single girl does on over the weekend ... I organized my closet. 

before and after
It is a work in process. There are still things that need to go, like the green tunic I wore on a first date in 2009.

Damn you sentiment making this closet organizing purging even harder than it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment