Thursday, January 31, 2013

over sharing happens around here


Well hello there first blog post on a brand new blog.

The amount of possibilities (and pressures) this new endeavor brings is exciting (and terrifying).

Last time I blogged it was about 90 days of online dating and while a strange number of people in Russia read the blog, at the end of the experiment I didn’t know what to do with the blog since recounting bad dates and knowing they would be forever on the internets didn’t appeal to me anymore. That blog now sits there like a sad little time capsule of my life. Sometimes I read it and ask myself why I thought online dating was a good idea in the first place and secondly, why I made the choice to make the horrors of my dates public information.

That was nearly a year ago and time has passed and I’ve found I miss blogging. This time I decided to try a real blog. A lifestyle blog. Seemed like a good idea until I had to define my “lifestyle.”

I read a lot of blogs by some awesome ladies and they’ve all got their niche, their audience hook. Fashion, beauty, an adorable tiny human or two, or all of the above. Me, I’ve got a 40-hour a week job in the financial fraud field, no pets (unless you count my roommates cat), and CSI on DVD waiting for me at home instead of a manfriend. Not exactly the type of things a good blog is made out of.

I do Instagram a lot of pictures of my legs, but mostly because I’m 5’10” so it’s hard to get all my body in a photo to showcase an outfit since the cat doesn’t know how to work the camera. He is though quite skilled at knocking over the trashcan at 2 o’clock in the morning and making me think the house is getting broken in to. Cat burglars are a running joke around Boats ‘N’ Ho3s.

I should explain that. Boats ‘N’ Ho3s (because we ran out of the letter ‘E’ in our fridge magnets) is the nickname bestowed upon my roommate and I by our friend that set up our Wi-Fi three years ago. We do quote the movie Step Brothers more then two twenty-something females should and we might refer to one another by Night Hawk and Dragon, but that’s classified information so I can neither confirm nor deny.

This introduction post is getting entirely too strange and I should stop before I start revealing too much personal information. My love of CSI is already borderline TMI.

But let’s be friends.

I promise I’m much cooler then my taste in TV shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment