Friday, February 22, 2013

2000 up in here

If blogland was able to Google view inside my house right now they'd wonder if I actually was an adult.

Side pony and Little Mermaid sweatshirt: check
Lemonade and Mac & Cheese that's a little undercooked for dinner: check
Singing along to a Taylor Swift song: check
Talking about a boy band member to a girl friend: check



The only way you'd know I was an adult is the Keurig coffee machine on the kitchen counter and access badge for my place of employment next to it.

This adult thing isn't all it is cracked up to be. Sometimes it is nice to revert to your 14-year-old self and forget your Friday night involves filing your taxes, washing the bedsheets and getting to bed at a reasonable hour since you have to go in to the office on Saturday. It's healthy to have a night full of bubblegum pop music, silly unrequited crushes and foods high in saturated fat because without nights like that, I don't know how anyone can survive this adult thing without prescription medication.

So tonight I table responsibility.
I let myself off the hook for not having it all together.
I'm going to dance around my room a la Britney Spears in Crossroads and eat more then the suggested serving size on the box of Tagalongs Girl Scout cookies.

But I do have to say, I am glad this adult thing comes with boobs and many a hair styling tools so I don't ever have to look like the 4th Hanson brother again.

Brandi & I crica early 2001. Friends despite our boy band differences.
She might resent me more for posting this photo of us at 14-years-old then my taste in boy bands.



1 comment:

  1. Um, I want to come hang out with you. You sound like a blast! Plus Tagalongs are my fav ;)

    ReplyDelete