Wednesday, May 8, 2013

about that ...

I can't recall the last time I posted a blog, but needless to say since whenever that was things have gotten busy. Busy enough to send me to WalMart at 10p on a Tuesday night because I needed a new planner with more space on the pages. Yeah, that kind of busy.

And there is only one culprit that has caused the recent influx in items on the to-do list.

That culprit is my new house.
As in mine.
With a mortgage and a home owners association and no one to fix the sink when it breaks.

Exciting? Incredibly.
Stressful? Immensely.

Keys will be in my hands this time next week and I'll be out of my current place by the end of the month. (see why I said I was busy? that's just over 2 weeks to prep the new house for move in and move out of the house i'm in now.) The Boats N Ho3s era is coming to an end after 2.5 years together. It's going to be sad to say goodbye to Roommate, but I cannot wait to have my own place without a roommate or dogs barking next door at all hours of the night or an hour commute to work.

And like any twenty-something girl of course I created a Pinterest board with ideas for my new home. Can you can sparkly ceiling in the bathroom and chalkboard paint on the outdated white fridge (since it works and there isn't any money in the budget to replace it yet)!

I'm looking forward to this new chapter in my life.
A few days after my birthday last summer I had my first fortune cookie in my 26th year and it said: you will make a change for the better within the year.
With 27 about 70 days away, it appears that this might be that change.
Or maybe the change for the better was the new job I started last winter.
I'm going to go with both.
Both are better.

So blog world, get ready for Her 27th Year to have a lot of before and after photos of the DIY transformation of my first place -- it'll be like HGTV on your dashboard.

1 comment: